Saturday, November 3, 2018

Millennials and elections

Are you between the ages of 18 - 35? Congratulations, you are a millennial.

But why am I asking this? Why should I or you care?

I am 55 years old. I am a baby boomer/gen X. (Boarder baby) I vote. In fact, I have not missed election since 1982.

Again why should you care about this old fart? You are probably thinking that we have nothing in common. Not true, but that is the subject for another day.

You need to care because it is people like me that are going to decide your future. We will be choosing your healthcare choices, your job choices, and even your tax burden. We will leave you the problem of climate change, cyber security, and Mideast intervention.

You see, this rant is about you going out and voting. Telling you that you have to make a choice. Because if you don't, I and people like me will make it for you. Do you want that? Or do you want grab the future and make it your own?

Then on November 6, go and vote.

1 comment: